Here at diaTribe, we are passionate about diabetes - understanding it, writing about it, not to mention managing it. Many of us have it, some since we were children.
Diabetes is a large and complicated field - from sprawling clinics to prestigious academic centers, from multinational pharmaceutical companies to remote research labs. It is filled with exciting breakthroughs and heartbreaking disappointments, but ultimately it's about patients like you and me who want to live long, healthy lives.
That's why we started diaTribe. Our mission is to leverage our knowledge and experience to give our readers information and insights that can improve their diabetes management and ultimately, their long-term outcomes. In short, we aim to make them smarter to help them live the life they want.
Each year, our team travels all over the world to gather the latest information on diabetes and obesity; we have access to America’s leading diabetes and obesity researchers and clinicians, we attend all the conferences, and we've developed unmatched expertise in the coverage of this disease area.
Unlike other newsletters, diaTribe is not just straight reporting, and it is not for everyone. As the name suggests, we have an opinion. We might rant, we might rave, we might lament or celebrate, but we will always inform and enlighten. We hope to reach that tribe of readers who are smart about diabetes, who believe in intensive management, and who are eager to learn more for themselves, perhaps, or a loved one.
In each issue of diaTribe, we bring you relevant, focused information – in short, we do all the homework, so you don't have to. Our columns include:
- Test Drive - our personal, no-holds-barred experiences with new drugs & devices
- NewNowNext – short takes on the latest happenings from all over the diabetes and obesity worlds
- Logbook - a look at the human drama of diabetes by best-selling author James S. Hirsch
- Learning Curve - a deeper dive into the science behind the news
- Thinking Like a Pancreas - diabetes management tips from one our favorite diabetes educators, Gary Scheiner
- Sum Musings – perspectives on a life with diabetes by acclaimed "Six Until Me" diabetes social media expert Kerri Sparling
- diaTribe dialogue - excerpts from our conversations with leading healthcare providers and scientists, who share with us lessons from their offices and labs
- TrialWatch – a synopsis of currently recruiting diabetes and obesity-related clinical trials
- Fingersticks – our humorous, illustrated renditions of diabetes and obesity topics
- Quotable Quotes – the best quotes about diabetes and obesity that we’ve recently heard
- What We're Reading – reviews of some of our favorite recent readings on diabetes and obesity
I hope you enjoy diaTribe and it helps you in your journey. And because diaTribe is about you, please don't hesitate to write to us with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or to wave a flag to @diaTribenews. We're all in this together, and we'd love to hear from you.
Kelly L. Close